- a. Constituent states : Arunachal Pradesh, Assam , Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura, so called the Seven Sisters of NER.
- b. Central Sector agencies : NEEPCO, NHPC, POWERGRID, OTPC, NETC.
- c. Total installed capacity of the region : 2870.06 MW [grid-2746.42 MW & isolated-123.64 MW], as on 30/09/2014
- d. Hydro : Thermal ratio: 59:41
- e. Transmission voltage level: 400, 220 & 132 & 66 KV
- f. Mode of operation : Synchronised with All India Grid via Eastern Regional Grid through A/C links – 400 KV Bongaigaon – Binaguri D/C & 220 KV Birpara – Salakati D/c. Also connected to Bhutan power system through 132 kV Salakati- Gelyphu (Bhutan) S/C and 132 kV Rangia – Motonga (Bhutan) S/C
Power System governance in different states.
- a) A.P : Under direct control of the Deptt of Power, Govt of A.P with load despatch function through SLDC at Itanagar.
- b) Assam : Under management of Assam Electricity Grid Corporation Limited (AEGCL) with SLDC at Kahelipara, Guwahati.
- c) Manipur : Under management of Manipur State Power Company Limited (MSPCL) with load despatch function through SLDC at Imphal.
- d) Meghalaya : Under management of Meghalaya Power Transmission Corporation Limited (MePTCL) with SLDC at Nehu.
- e) Mizoram : Under direct control of the Power & Electricity Deptt, Govt of Mizoram, with load despatch function through SLDC at Aizawl.
- f) Nagaland : Under direct control of the Deptt of Power, Govt of Nagaland with load despatch function through SLDC at Dimapur.
- g) Tripura : Under management of Tripura State Electricity Corporation Limited (TSECL) with load despatch function through SLDC at Agartala.